Saturday, June 3, 2017


Lately I've been wanting to start using my older supplies.  Swipe the dust off them and rediscover why I purchased them in the first place.
I used a stencil with molding paste.  Before the paste was dry I sprinkled on mica powders.
There are different types of mica powders, the ones from Ranger have a binder in them, so you can use them with Versamark.
Others are normally used as an additive to your paints, pastes etc.  It's these that I used.
Then, I used my heat gun and heat set the molding paste until it started to bubble, which at this point it melded with the mica powder.
I let the piece cool, used a soft brush and brushed away the excess, and VOILA!!
This was all done on a piece of matboard.

The flowers are from Prima, I lightly dusted them with wet glue and dipped them into Distress Glitter.

Next I put double sided tape along the outside of the card base.
Using the same colors, and the soft brush, I brushed the powder onto the tape, which captured the powder perfectly.

The card is far from finished, so you'll just have to stay tuned to see the final product.!!


  1. Love this Jodie. You'll need to show me this.

  2. Nice technique. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

  3. I love this. Kim is going to start teaching me these things.

  4. I can't wait to see your card in person. I'm going to try some of the effects you used.