Sunday, June 11, 2017

Creative Process

Lately I've been thinking about the creative process.  I see these amazing projects online and wonder did the crafter/artist just begin making the project and it came out?  Did it turn out to be exactly what they had envisioned in their mind?  Below is my struggle to get a card made and an image colored.

For my process, I print out a number of images.  The first one, her wings & part of her skirt didn't come out, so I tried another image.  Then I did another part of her skirt on a third image, so what you see below is the sample of pieced images put together to make the one card...

The card resembles what I had envisioned the end result to be, but it didn't turn out exactly as I saw it.  I just wanted other crafters/artists to know that we all struggle.  Often projects don't come out right the first time and we have to visit the drawing board, again and again.
There have been times when I've even scrapped the project in its entirety, or left it for a few days and came back to it.  I think the more important aspect is the creative process.  That feeling that we get when we look at the end result and most times have a feeling of accomplishment.
I hope everyone had a great weekend, and Happy Crafting!!!

Monday, June 5, 2017

So Glam

Hi my crafting peeps, here is another card I made using stamps by Stamp Annie Thing.

I just love the retro feel of this little lady.  I used her earlier with pinks & blacks, but here we've got greens and pinks.
It reminds me of summer time.

All of this was made with scraps!

Of course I colored her with Copic markers, and even paper pieced her outfit so it would co-ordinate with the card front.

Below are some close up shots.

Happy Monday and happy crafting!!

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Father's Day

Hard to believe that we're in June already, and that 2017 is half over.  Here is a masculine card that could be used for Father's Day or a birthday card for that special guy in your life.

The image is from The Greeting Farm and the paper is from my scrap pile.
Of course I colored him with Copic markers, and the saying is a die/stamp set from Sizzix.
Once the coloring was done, the little guy came together pretty quickly.
I also entered the card into a Challenge over at Open-Minded Crafting.  One of my friends is on their design team, and they all have wonderful card ideas.
Be sure and check it out.

Well, it's time to call it a night, have work in the morning.  Hope you all had a great weekend and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Glittery Goodness

I am working on another piece to my earlier card.  This is using canvas resist piece from Prima, along with other glittery, sparkly goodness.
I started off by using the Starburst.  This is a medium from Lindy's Gang.  It comes in a powder form, then you add water to activate.  You can paint with it directly from the bottle or use the dauber top to apply.
I applied it to the canvas piece, spritzed with water and dabbed with a paper towel.  The piece then "resisted" the color and water to reveal the lettering.
Next I used the acrylic paint, Sparks, from Prima, developed by Finnabair.  This also is water soluble, so I proceeded with the similar steps.
I used my finger to apply the paint, then spritzed with water.  Using a wadded up paper towel, I dabbed off and what was left was an amazing, shimmery layer.  I hit the piece with my heat gun to speed up the drying time a bit, but will leave it to do the final drying on its own.
This piece will go on the middle of the card once dried.

The next pic will be of the finished piece, because you all know I can't stop here.  I'll still have to add more beads and baubles.
Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.

Saturday, June 3, 2017


Lately I've been wanting to start using my older supplies.  Swipe the dust off them and rediscover why I purchased them in the first place.
I used a stencil with molding paste.  Before the paste was dry I sprinkled on mica powders.
There are different types of mica powders, the ones from Ranger have a binder in them, so you can use them with Versamark.
Others are normally used as an additive to your paints, pastes etc.  It's these that I used.
Then, I used my heat gun and heat set the molding paste until it started to bubble, which at this point it melded with the mica powder.
I let the piece cool, used a soft brush and brushed away the excess, and VOILA!!
This was all done on a piece of matboard.

The flowers are from Prima, I lightly dusted them with wet glue and dipped them into Distress Glitter.

Next I put double sided tape along the outside of the card base.
Using the same colors, and the soft brush, I brushed the powder onto the tape, which captured the powder perfectly.

The card is far from finished, so you'll just have to stay tuned to see the final product.!!


Afternoon all:
Prima is having a DT call for the month of June...DT Call.  So I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.
  This is an ATC that I did for our swap group about a month ago.  It's using Prima Princess Stamp, Maia.  The stamp itself measures about 4 x 6, so I only used her face.
I colored her in with Copic markers and added a touch of glitter with pearls.
Just because you have large stamps, doesn't mean you can't use them for smaller projects.  Try only using a portion of the stamp!  This only means less coloring for those afraid to wade into the sea of colors, lol!

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend and happy crafting!

Jodie, aka The Caffeinated Crafter