Sunday, June 4, 2017

Glittery Goodness

I am working on another piece to my earlier card.  This is using canvas resist piece from Prima, along with other glittery, sparkly goodness.
I started off by using the Starburst.  This is a medium from Lindy's Gang.  It comes in a powder form, then you add water to activate.  You can paint with it directly from the bottle or use the dauber top to apply.
I applied it to the canvas piece, spritzed with water and dabbed with a paper towel.  The piece then "resisted" the color and water to reveal the lettering.
Next I used the acrylic paint, Sparks, from Prima, developed by Finnabair.  This also is water soluble, so I proceeded with the similar steps.
I used my finger to apply the paint, then spritzed with water.  Using a wadded up paper towel, I dabbed off and what was left was an amazing, shimmery layer.  I hit the piece with my heat gun to speed up the drying time a bit, but will leave it to do the final drying on its own.
This piece will go on the middle of the card once dried.

The next pic will be of the finished piece, because you all know I can't stop here.  I'll still have to add more beads and baubles.
Have a wonderful day and happy crafting.





















No comments:

Post a Comment