Sunday, June 11, 2017

Creative Process

Lately I've been thinking about the creative process.  I see these amazing projects online and wonder did the crafter/artist just begin making the project and it came out?  Did it turn out to be exactly what they had envisioned in their mind?  Below is my struggle to get a card made and an image colored.

For my process, I print out a number of images.  The first one, her wings & part of her skirt didn't come out, so I tried another image.  Then I did another part of her skirt on a third image, so what you see below is the sample of pieced images put together to make the one card...


















The card resembles what I had envisioned the end result to be, but it didn't turn out exactly as I saw it.  I just wanted other crafters/artists to know that we all struggle.  Often projects don't come out right the first time and we have to visit the drawing board, again and again.
There have been times when I've even scrapped the project in its entirety, or left it for a few days and came back to it.  I think the more important aspect is the creative process.  That feeling that we get when we look at the end result and most times have a feeling of accomplishment.
I hope everyone had a great weekend, and Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment