Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Chocolate Baroque - Guest Design Team Member - Project #1

Good morning my crafty peeps, I've been fortunate enough to be asked to be a Guest Design Team member for the month of November at Chocolate Baroque. Below is my first project....

I used the stamp set A Tomte Christmas. First, I inked up the large gnome image with Versafine and stamped it onto ivory paper, this will act as your base.
What you will be doing for the gnome is paper piecing.
Next pick a few different patterns of print paper, stamping the gnome one time onto each piece. You will need to stamp him once onto the white paper for his beard. I picked enough pattern paper to cut out the following pieces; one for his hat, one for the trim of his hat & coat, white for his beard, one for his shoes (or could do these in white and color them in) and one for his sweater.
Next, I cut out the various pieces and layered them onto the ivory base that was first stamped and glued the pieces down using the PVA glue.
Now you will cut out the entire gnome to add to your card front.

For the front of the card, I cut out a base mat measuring 4” x 5 ¼” (10.16cm x 13.36cm). This is the gold piece.
Then I used matching scraps of the gnome and added 3 curved strips at the top, middle and bottom. I then stamped a saying from the set, and matted it with more brown scraps, finally adding little snowflake embellishments. Finally I cut the ivory cardstock for my card base, measuring 5 ½” x 8 ½” (13.97cm x 21.59cm). I folded it in half, then attached my card front. I hope I’ve inspired you to try using your scrap stash with these amazing stamps!

Be sure and drop by the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog for even more interesting and innovative ideas on how to use Chocolate Baroque's amazing stamp sets.
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to check out my card.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment