Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Graphic 45 2019 Brand Ambassador Audition

Morning my crafty peeps, I've been working on a home decor item, using the amazing papers by Graphic 45. Please see below my project and the how to instructions.

1. First begin with an unfinished wooden door. This particular brand is a Hobby Lobby version.

2. Next choose your paint colors, depending upon what you want the door to look like. I wanted a woodland feel, so I chose browns for the door, with stone greys for the door overhand and the base.>br>

3. Once your paint is dry, I headed to the floral department of your local craft store, and purchased a bag of moss. Using a hot glue gun, I attached various pieces to the wooden door.

4. Now the fun begins. I chose 3 Graphic 45 lines to cut from, Bloom, Fairie Dust and FlutterBy. I looked at the various pages, chose which images I wanted to put onto the piece and began my fussy cutting!

5. Before I began placing and layering my cut out pieces, I went to the doll house supply section of my craft store, bought a small wooden wheel barrow, painted it, and hot glued it to the piece. This provided a wonderful place to add more flowers.

6. Now the final stamp before layering your pieces, I added glitter to small areas of the cut out pieces. I wanted to add a bit of sparkle and glitz, so using the Art Institute Glue, I added glue to small areas, and sprinkle the Crystal glitter over the glue. You want to ensure that you use a transparent glitter and glue that dries clear, so that the colors of the papers show through.

7. The final step is creating your scene. Using hot glue and foam tape, I began with the pieces that were going to be in the background, and worked my way to the front. I attached pieces onto the mossy areas as well, this pushed some of the pieces to the forefront of the scene. I finally added a small sign to the door and voila - my own fairy door.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to check out my project.
Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! Good luck on the Brand Ambassador's Call

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Jodie. I so love looking at what you create. You got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, appreciate it, here's hoping with fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. Hello Jodie, beautiful off the page project! Love how you mixed and matched your Graphic 45 papers. Thank you for sharing your step by step process. Happy Papercrafting!

    ReplyDelete