Thursday, November 2, 2017

Out of the Box

Morning my crafty peeps, As an artist, I enjoy learning new techniques and trying things that are out of my comfort zone. This project definitely falls into that category.
I signed up for a swap called Tassels & Trinkets, being hosted by Frank Garcia, a designer for Prima. The way I read it, you could send your partner trinkets so that he or she could make their own tassels, which was certainly the way I was going to go. Well after reading different comments & posts, it looked like we had to make our partner a tassel or two. I started to get anxious.
Pinterest became my best friend. I tried one or two fabric ones to start, and in a word, disaster. Then I thought a little more outside the box, and came up with, what I think, turned out to be some pretty interesting and cool tassels. I know this pile looks like a hot mess, but wait for it...
I made these tassels, partly out of findings & charms I had in my stash, and partly from trinkets that I picked up at work. (For those of you who don't know, I work at Hobby Lobby lol)
Here are a few close up pics of the tassels...
The point I'm trying to make is, don't be afraid of trying new things. It could be a simple matter of working in a different color palette than you're used to or creating a piece of art in a totally different medium. Who knows, you could end up with something wonderful!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, how lucky you are working at Hobby Lobby. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie,
    I'd like to say a big welcome, and your tassel charms are so wonderfully created.
    I tried to follow you on the blog but it's saying error so I have followed by Google till the error goes away.
    Being from the Uk I have heard about Hobby Lobby quite often so I think what a wonderful place to work
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete